Wednesday 9 May 2012

Book Tag

Apologies for the absence of late. A lot of exciting things have been happening over the last few weeks and along with a lot of uni work for the final push of my degree I haven't had a lot of time for myself. But I am planning to get back into the YouTube videos very soon and may even try my hand at vlogging :D

Right so on to today's post. I have decided to do a Book Tag! 6 rules and tons of questions >>>>

The Rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of your favourite book cover
3. Answer the questions below
4. Tag a few people to answer them too
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them
6. Make sure you tell the person who tagged you that you've taken part!



What are you reading right now?
Dragonquest by Anne McCaffery

Do you have any idea what you’ll read when you’re done with that?
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong

What 5 books have you always wanted to read but haven’t got round to?

  1. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R Tolkien
  2. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
What magazines do you have in your bathroom/lounge right now?
I am not a big magazine reader, much preferring to read a book at any opportunity. However I often have a Top Gear magazine lying around that belongs to my boyfriend.

What’s the worst book you've ever read?
There are very few books that I hate, and even worse haven't finished. But I particularly despised Fateful by Cheri Smidt. I got is for free of Amazon with high hopes and didn't get past the second chapter, it was like Twilight but worse!

What book seems really popular but you actually hated?
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo . This was just not what I was expecting and found it super difficult to read. But I hope that I will tackle it again soon.

What’s the one book you always recommend to just about everyone?
Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, but it comes with a warning! It will hook you in and you won't be released until you finish the series. So well written and addicting!!

What are your 3 favourite poems?
I have never been the biggest poetry lover. But I do love some of the stuff I studied at school and college. I would recommend to anyone The World's Wife by Carol Ann Duffy - the whole collection is really clever. Simon Armatiage is also good! Sonnet 130 by William Shakespeare is also a gooden!

Where do you usually get your books?
Amazon kindle store and Waterstones thanks for lots of book vouchers from friends and family that know me very well.

Where do you usually read your books?
In bed, at the table whilst eating breakfast/ lunch/ dinner, in the living room whilst other people are eating, on the train, anywhere I can!!

When you were little, did you have any particular reading habits?
Going to the library with my Grandparents or Mum and being able to choose a book to read :)

What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?
The The Hunger Games and Catching Fire .

Have you ever “faked” reading a book?
Not really. Maybe when listening in to other peoples conversations of the train I am not really reading :P

Have you ever bought a book just because you liked the cover?
As much as well all say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover we all do it. I was first attracted to the True Blood series because of the cover of the first book!

What was your favourite book when you were a child?
I loved anything by Jacqueline Wilson as a chile, but Harry Potter stole my teen years.

What book changed your life?
I find it difficult to pin down just one book that changed my life. But the book that will always stick with me is one I have not finished - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, what happened to Hassan in the opening chapters has stuck with me and haunted me since!

What is your favourite passage from a book?
No single passage has stuck with me as much as this quote:
"Children who don't eavesdrop on adult conversations are doomed to a childhood of ignorance" Kelley Armstrong, Men of the Otherworld
What are your top five favourite authors?

  1. Kelley Armstrong
  2. Jeffery Deaver
  3. Suzanne Collins
  4. J. K. Rowling
  5. Anne McCaffrey

What book has no one heard about but should read?
City of the Falling Sky by Joseph Evans - first time book of young British author and one of the best YA's I have read in a long long time.

What 3 books are you an “evangelist” for?

  1. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
  2. City of the Falling Sky by Joseph Evans
  3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

What are your favourite books by a first-time author?
Hopefully you can tell by mentioning this book in the third question in a row: City of the Falling Sky by Joseph Evans!

What is your favourite classic book?
Define a classic?

3 other notable mentions?

  1. If you normally read YA try some adult fantasy fiction. The Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong is the best I have ever read!
  2. Hunt for the Phoenix by the Byfords is a great read and I the authors are very friendly on Twitter.
  3. Don't normally read? Try a Garfunkle Puzzlebook - fun for all the family!

I tag:
Grazing Pages, All Things Urban Fantasy, Moonlights Gleam's Bookshelf, and YOU!

Thanks for reading,

Love Rie x

No comments:

Post a Comment